SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

White, Jerilyn: Bucket List


George Bernard Shaw once said, “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” Life is very short. There isn’t any way to determine the actual day that you will die. People should attempt all their goals and dreams. Whether we fail or not, we should all live our lives to the fullest. Before I kick the bucket I want to accomplish many great things. I am a firm believer in the theory that there is a life after death. When I die I want to go heaven. Number one on my bucket list is to become a better Christian.
            Not only do I want to go to heaven, I want to do something for someone in need. Most people are so busy in their own selfishness that they will not think about other people. A person would never know how they can affect another person’s life. The smallest things could make the greatest difference. Second on my bucket list is to make a difference. Whether it’s socially, physically, or emotionally; I want to make a change.
            Many people may not care about how others will perceive them after their death; not me. I want to do something HUGE! I want to be known around the world. Everyone should know who Jerilyn is. I think it is fascinating how we hear about people born hundreds of years ago now. The third thing on my bucket list is to make history. Being among the renowned George Washington and other historical men and especially women would be a dream come true.
            Next on my bucket list is to become successful. Making my family proud would be wonderful. I grew up in a big family so we really didn’t have much. I would love to provide for my family and more importantly I would love to accomplish my goals. Last, but not least on my bucket list is to visit Tokyo. I am obsessed with Tokyo fashion! The different colors and unique styles found there are amazing! After I visit Tokyo my bucket list will become complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment