SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Herren, Kyle: Bucket List

A bucket list is a list of things that you want to do before you die. Normally the list is full of crazy and adventurous activities, such as skydiving. Although my list has a couple of crazy stunts that I would like to partake in, my list is not as intense as most. The first thing on my bucket list is to dive with sharks. Now one could think this is just as crazy if not crazier than skydiving. As this might be true, my diving activities will consist of my in a metal cage and not free swimming with the sharks. Second on my bucket list is to attend the Super Bowl. My whole life in the South has been geared toward sports; therefore attending the Super Bowl may not come as a surprise.  Third, is to wrestle an alligator. I have always been fascinated by the people at alligator farms and on television about how they can handle such a powerful and deadly predator. Fourth on the list is to be a part of the musical Les Miserables. This is one of my all-time favorite musicals behind Phantom of the Opera. If I could pick my part in this musical I would want to be the Inn keeper, Mr. Thénardier. His character to me is the dirtiest of the scumbags and can also be portrayed in a various may of ways, ranging from comedic to evil. Finally I would like to kiss the prettiest girl in the world. In the movie, Jack Nicholson's character had this item on the list and the prettiest girl in the world to him was his granddaughter. I want to do this because I believe that the most beautiful girl I am going to ever kiss will be my wife. The bucket list for me is not just about what you want to do before you die it’s a little more than that. I believe it’s about how you want to live your life, and that’s why this is my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment