SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ogletree, Jeremy: Bucket List


I would like to think that I have many great goals in life, but in reality I don’t have many. After many hours of searching deep within myself I have found three things that I would like to do before I die.
First, I would like to perform a pit maneuver to bring a criminal to his knees.  I have watched many action movies where the antagonist gets captured after a cop nudges the back end of the bad guy’s car with his front bumper, causing the antagonist to spin out of control and be captured. I would love the thrill of saving the day as well as the rush of partially destroying another car with my own.
Second on my list, I would like to own a 1958 Ford Ranchero. As long as I can remember I have gazed with awestruck eyes at my granddad’s antique car collection. He has restored many old cars such as a 1951 Hudson Pacemaker Coupe and a 1971 Chrysler Cordoba. But the heart of his collection is his 1958 Ford Ranchero. My grandpaw finally let me drive the ’58 to prom my senior year of high school and I fell in love with the car. Now I want desperately to own one of my own.
The third item on my ‘bucket list’ is to collaborate with Stan Lee to create a new superhero. Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated with various superhero shows and movies including Spider-Man and the X-Men. When I got old enough to understand that all of my favorite superheroes were created by the same man I became infatuated with everything Lee had created. I would be honored to work with a man as highly regarded as Stan Lee, and if I got a movie or TV show made out of our creation it would only increase upon my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment