SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cecil, Allie: Bucket List


            When I think about my own personal bucket list, I think of not things I want to do for fun before I die like bungee jumping, or cliff diving, but something I can do to inspire or help others, and my goals and dreams to accomplish.
1.              I want to open my own cupcake business one day. My mom had her own cake business and she passed down her homemade cake and icing recipes. Cupcakes are my favorite thing in the world to eat and bake, so opening my own business is something I really want to do.
2.              I want to go on a mission trip to Africa. I am a strong Christian and I have always wanted to travel to Africa on a mission trip to share the word of God with others who may not get to hear it often if ever. There are tons of kids/adults everywhere that don’t have the privilege to hear how awesome our God is.
3.              I want to go to England and see my family. My dad’s side is all from England and most still lives over there and I don’t get to see them unless they come to Texas, so I really want to go over to England to see them and sightsee.
4.              I want to meet Keith Urban. Keith Urban is my absolute favorite musical artist of all time. I’ve been to his concerts but I have yet to meet him and I plan on doing whatever it takes to make it happen.
5.              I want to adopt a child from a different country. There are tons of children all over the world who are living in prosperity who are barely fed and could even be as old as 7 and having to raise their brothers and sisters. I want to be able to help those kids and even adopt one of my own to take care of and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment