SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nunn, Cheyanne: Bucket List


Anais Nin said, “Dreams are necessary to life.” My bucket list is filled with dreams of my future, including places I want to go and things I want to do to help my knowledge, as well as myself, grow.
            I’ve always wanted to travel, and though I’ve only been to ten states in America, I have plans to explore the rest of my country. American heritage has always intrigued me and having the ability to travel to each state to learn about it would fill my thirst for knowledge.
            Second, I would like to scuba dive in the Caribbean Sea. As a child, I was fascinated with all sea creatures I could spot in a movie and would love to see them up close and personal. Seeing all of that beauty before my eyes would leave me star struck.
            Third on my list is to visit Ireland. When I stumble across pictures of Ireland, I yearn to visit the vibrant green hills and the stone castles that still stand proud. Aside from the beautiful sights, I also want to learn about the history and heritage of the country, because I’m part Irish.
            Writing has always been an escape and a hobby for me, as well as a way to grow as a person. Fourth on my bucket list is to write a book. I’m unsure of what my subject would be at this point, but I would love to feel the satisfaction of writing the last sentence of a book.
            Last, I want to make an impact on the lives of several children before I kick the bucket. Working with kids has always been a priority for me, because I enjoy it and seeing their smiling faces when they learn something new. It fills me with joy.
            My bucket list, in reality, is much, much longer. I have items that may not ever be possible to complete, but these are my main priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment