SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beel, Kaylee: Bucket List


            John Lennon once stated, “Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.” The problem is that most of us do not realize this until it is too late. The bucket list was created in order for people to accomplish their life goals before they die. My own personal bucket list consists of five things I plan to have done before I “kick the bucket.”
            #1: Deliver a baby. Throughout my whole life I have had an obsession with children, the younger the better. I find the miracle of life fascinating. Being a part of something so extraordinary would have so much meaning to me. Having the power to help bring forth life into the world is an experience not many people get. I believe delivering babies is something I am destined to take part in.
            #2: Live in Europe for a year. The main attractions I’m interested in seeing include: the Eiffel tower, Plitvice National Park, the Swiss Alps, and the Albanian Riviera. I also want to eat every Italian delicacy I can get my hands on. The most beautiful places in the world are in Europe, and I’m a sucker for beauty.
            #3: Open my own cupcake bakery. Sweets are my weak spot, and cupcakes top the list. I’ve always dreamed of opening up a small cupcake boutique with hundreds of unique flavored cupcakes. I would decorate, bake, and manage the establishment on my own.
            #4: Learn to play the piano: Music is a tool I use when I become too stressed out. Listening to an old pianist helps calm my nerves. The piano produces the most amazing sounds I have ever heard, and I would love to be able to create such perfection.
            #5: Find my life’s passion. There are many things I enjoy doing, but I have yet to find something I am passionate about. Before I die, I hope to take part in an activity or interest that truly exceeds all of my expectations. Having a passion in life is important and is something I intent to acquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment