SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Johnson, Cagen: Bucket List


My bucket list is fairly simple, a few small tasks that I wish to accomplish before I pass on. First, I would like to travel to all fifty states. Each state has something unique to offer, and I would like to experience them all. I wouldn’t feel right knowing I had died without even seeing everything the country I was born in has to offer. Second, I would like to have my grandpa’s 1969 Chevelle restored to factory condition. My grandfather has had this car since I was very young, and he has always had plans to restore it, but has never had the time to finish the job. Third, I would like to attend a Foo Fighters concert. I grew up listening to The Foo Fighters, and they’re still one of my favorite bands, so seeing them live would fulfill a childhood dream of mine. Another thing I would like to do before dying is to see the Dalai Lama while on one of his visits. Ever since I learned about him in a history class long ago, I’ve always wanted to see this man, see how he works, how he thinks, and speak with him if I can. I just mostly want to meet the man to see how much stock is in his legend. Last, I would like to leave a lasting impression on this planet for the good. It doesn’t have to be a large difference, though that would be nice, but I would like to leave the world a better place than it was before I was born. Though it would be nice to know I did something that changed the lives of millions for the better, just knowing that I changed at least one person’s life for the better is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment