SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ngongoni, Shamiso: Bucket List

I am a person with many ambitions; the five that make my bucket list are inspired by my social background and academic interests.
First, I would like to be a pharmacist. A pharmacist associates with patients and helps in the proper administration of drugs to people. Pharmacists also offer counseling services and are able to assist in reducing the abuse of medicinal drugs. Second I want to go scuba diving and get a chance to view sea plants and animals. Coming from a landlocked country I am very curious about marine life. I would love to study marine biology and its significance to medical history.
                  I would like to visit the Vatican City, as a Catholic this place has a lot of religious significance to me. The Vatican holds a lot of Christian and scientific history. In addition to that, my favorite author Dan Brown wrote a book Angels and Demons set in Vatican City. His vivid description of the architecture and sculpture has sparked my desire to see all that beauty for myself.
In high school I got a chance to associate with mentally and physically handicapped children at a local school. I realized that people with disabilities are not recognized as worthy of an education or a career. I hope to start a non-profit organization that helps to train the disabled and provides employment depending on each person’s capability.
                  Lastly I would like to go sky diving. A few years ago I decided to face my fear of heights by challenging myself. Some of these challenges have been as small as taking the top bunk in sleeping arrangement to as daring as hill climbing. The last of these challenges shall be sky diving and I hope I enjoy the experience.
I hope I will be able to accomplish everything on this list. As I grow I hope to add more goals to this list as I scratch others off.

No comments:

Post a Comment