SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Shaffer, Arin: Bucket List


Before my life ends there are a number of things I would like to do.  After carefully thinking it over I have narrowed it down to the Big Three. 
1.      Before my days are done I would like to go to a Summer Olympic Games that is held in the United States.  It would be great to have a home-country atmosphere and advantage at the Olympic Games.  If I were to go the games I would watch the United States’ basketball teams, volleyball teams, and track teams.  It would be a tremendous honor to be able to go to home Summer Olympic Games and be able to cheer on the USA’s teams. 

2.      Before my death I would like to meet the creator of Star Wars, George Lucas.  I have loved Star Wars ever since my mother showed the movies to me when I was six years old.  I would like to ask him about his other interests besides Star Wars and what inspired him to make Star Wars.  I’d like to ask his opinion of Star Trek and see if he dislikes it as much as I do. 

3.     My last item on my bucket list is a road trip down the east coast of the United States.  This summer I flew to Seattle and rode down the west coast with my aunt, uncle, and their two kids.  The road trip down the coast was scenic and beautiful.  We got to see the redwoods and as we cut through Arizona we also saw the Grand Canyon.  I believe it would be cool to get our two families together for a road trip down the east coast and go through tourist attractions like New York and Boston.  I would love to have another family trip like I had this summer with my family again someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment