SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Canada, Trent: Bucket List


  Throughout my life I have traveled, auditioned for reality shows, and attended large sporting events but before I kick the bucket I want to experience some eccentricities. Some of the things I wish to do before I die include attending an Olympic event in a foreign country, seeing a president inaugurated, experiencing a live eruption of a volcano, backpacking across Europe, and singing on a stage for an audience of millions.
I want to attend an Olympic event due to the absolute passion and effort the athletes put into each of their sports. I have watched the past two Olympics on television with amazement and awe at the culture and diversity represented and want to see those firsthand.  I would like to witness the Presidential inauguration to see history take its course. The thought of being in the crowd during the President's oath and witnessing such a historical event is exhilarating. Next I want to experience a live eruption of a volcano, and hopefully not be harmed. To watch a volcano erupt would be quite fascinating to me due to the sheer force and power that nature can create. Backpacking across Europe has been a goal of mine since I was very young. I have always dreamed of visiting the cities of Europe such as Paris, London, Berlin, and Madrid because of the food, culture and people there. Finally, the rush of the lights, cameras, and people urging me on while I perform is another accomplishment I would like to experience.
Hopefully I have a long life ahead of me and time to fulfill these goals and experience the thrill of completing my bucket list. For most this list would seem impossible but with the right mindset and drive to achieve them I believe that I can accomplish them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment