SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lancaster, Rachel: Bucket List


Anything is possible as long as one sets his mind to it. Well, I have set my mind to do a few things before I die. I have many dreams that will hopefully one day come true, including going to Australia, scuba diving in Hawaii, bungee jumping off of the Royal Gorge Bridge, driving on the autobahn, and taking a cruise to the Bahamas.
            Many of my bucket list items include going places since one of my favorite things to do is travel. I have always had the dream of going to Australia because it has the prettiest scenery and it is also a country that seems very intriguing. I love to swim and go to the beach. Therefore, I have also longed to take a cruise to the Bahamas and scuba dive in Hawaii. Seeing the gorgeous beaches of the Bahamas and swimming with the magnificent fish of Hawaii would just thrill me beyond measure.
            In addition, I have a little bit of a wild side of my personality. The autobahn in Germany has always been such an interesting topic to me. I decided that driving on the autobahn is a must for me before death, but I want to drive on it in my car. I have always been tempted to see how fast my car would go, and if I got to drive on the autobahn, I could very easily find that out. My biggest and final dream is to bungee jump off of the Royal Gorge Bridge. I once had the opportunity to jump off of the bridge when I was thirteen, but at the last second, my mother would not allow me to. Since that day, I have always said that I would go back and bungee jump off of that bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment