SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cooper, James: Bucket List


Everyone has their own personal bucket list in life. The list could be strenuous such as building a house or easy like planting a garden. Bucket lists are a set of goals that people want to do before they passed away.
The first item on my bucket list is to create a successful Christian rock band. I want to create a Christian rock band because I am a fan of Christian rock music. The name of my band would be called Redemption. I want to perform many concerts around the world and give all the glory to God.
The second item on my bucket list is to graduate from college and get a job. Currently, I am attending Southern Arkansas University-Magnolia for my first two years of college and after transferring to the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville in order to receive my degree in Archaeology/Anthropology along with a minor teaching history. After receiving my degree, I would like to get a research job with Arkansas Archaeological Survey. I have been captivated by my career since I was sixteen.
The third item on my bucket list is to have a family. I want to marry someone who loves me as much as I love her. I also want three children and to inspire them to seek their own careers when they become adults.
The fourth item on my bucket list is to buy a house in Arkansas somewhere near my job. The house’s contents will include: a swimming pool, shed, billiards table, and a flat screen television. I am hoping to get my house cheaply.
The last item on my budget list is to travel the world. I want to see the oceans and to visit the many civilizations throughout the world. I want to take my family with me when I travel the world as well. I have dreamed of traveling the world since I was ten.
Bucket lists are personal to each individual and can be achieved in life. Bucket lists are achieved through hard work and lots of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment