SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Godwin, Domonique: Bucket List


            When thinking about the things I want to do before I die my mind reels back to the movie The Bucket List and to how Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman decide to go on this amazing adventure to complete their bucket lists before they die. As a result, I formed my own bucket list and I can anticipate my own adventures.
            I have always wanted to go to Italy. More specifically: I would like to go gondola riding in Venice, where the streets are made of water and romance fills the air. Second, I want to get married in a field of yellow flowers and in the middle of June. I just hope it is not raining when it comes time for me to say “I do.” Then again, it could make for an interesting story to tell the grandchildren someday. Like many people, I would like to go skydiving before I die. My stepfather and I have planned jump sometime soon. Unfortunately, he is almost blind due to his diabetes so I’m not sure if I will ever be able to cross this off of my bucket list. If I were able to do it, I'd conquer my fear of heights. As the fourth goal on my bucket list, I would love to travel to Germany to visit my good friend Lisa. She was a foreign exchange student my high school and she continues to be my close friend after she went home. Finally, I would enjoy going on the perfect date: a drive-in movie theater where an old movie like Dirty Dancing would be playing.
            Coasting through life without goals and ambition is beyond boring and I am anything but boring. Completing these items on my bucket list would add flavor and adventure to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment