SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Levin, Amanda: Bucket List


I have already crossed off many things on my personal bucket list, I have played golf in Scotland and walked St. Andrew’s the old course. I’ve completed a 5k race, and I’ve hit a home run. I’ve even made a hole in one, but there are still a few items that I wish to accomplish.
1908 was the last time the Chicago Cubs were victorious in a World Series, the same year Henry Ford produced his first Model T. It’s been an extremely long time but it’s one of my aspirations to witness the Cubs win a World Series.
            I’ve always wanted to be an actress, but to my dismay I am horrible at acting.  So the next best thing is to be a movie extra! Even if I were only on screen for a half a second, it would be one of the coolest half seconds of my life.
            I want to in the midst of a flash mob! A flash mob is usually a huge group of people who decide to go to a random place and perform a random act and then disperse as if nothing happened! Most of the time they do a practiced dance, or some have done pillow fights, or I have even heard of flash mob proposals!
            I aspire to help someone cross off something massive on his or her own bucket list. I have many people help me with my own list, and I would love to help someone else in their quest to live a fulfilling life!
            Last but not least, I want to make a difference. I may not change the world, but when it’s my time to leave this Earth I want to be satisfied with what I’ve done and hope that I’ve at least changed a couple lives for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment