SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Elder, Kandis: Bucket List


Merriam Webster defines a bucket list as such: “bucket list – noun; a list of things that one has not done but wants to do before dying.” Before this assignment I had never given much thought on a bucket list, but when I look at my plans and goals for my life I can only see my bucket list as a scroll from a cartoon that unfurls itself to the floor, out the door, down the hall, and into the parking lot. Luckily I’ve only been assigned five.
                  The first item on my bucket list would be to find a career I love. My worst fear is being stuck in a monotonous life where every day I get up and go to a job I hate, for a boss I hate, for wages I hate, then come home, go to sleep, and do it all over again.
                  To travel the world is my second item on my bucket list. I’d love to study different cultures, and travel different places. I want to see all the different environments and the animals that inhabit them. Our world is so fascinating and I’d like to learn everything it has to offer me!
I’d also like to invent something one day. Maybe throughout my travels I’ll gain some inspiration. I’d like it to be something that will help people and really make a difference. I want my name to be remembered.
                  With all my new experiences and everything I’ve learn by this point, next I’d like to write a book. When I was younger I wanted to be a fiction author when I “grew up”. Though I’m not pursuing a career in writing, I still want to have a book of my own.
                  The final item on my bucket list is something surprisingly simple: to have a family. I was never close to my family as a child, so when I finally do have children I want them to have the best and happiest lives I can give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment