SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Eubanks, Kelsea: Bucket List


A bucket list….the first thing that might come to mind is a list of outlandish activities that people wish to accomplish before they die so they will have the satisfaction of achieving something fanatical. My personal bucket list, on the other hand, is dreams and ambitions for my life.
My number one ambition is to live solely for God and to serve Him in everything I do. I want to leave this world knowing that I was a disciple of Christ and His light shone brightly through me. I know without a doubt that I am capable of anything if it is in His will for me.
Attending SAU is already bringing me closer and closer to accomplishing the second stage of my life which involves becoming a pharmacist. I am striving to become an independent woman and make my own living. The monetary aspect of that occupation may be beneficial but the preeminent part is knowing that I’ve helped someone in need.
With my love of missions, my third goal in life is to travel overseas on a mission trip and work with little kids in poverty stricken areas. My heart has always been drawn to children and making a difference in their lives. I’ve served in multiple areas in the U. S but I feel like God is leading me to another country.
One dream I’ve had since I was a little girl, which is number four on my list, is to travel to New York City during Christmas time. I absolutely adore NYC and Christmas is my favorite time of year. I dream of standing in Rockefeller Center around the immense Christmas tree watching the Christmas performances.
The last item on my list of ambitions is to go to Nashville, TN and sing on the Grand Ole Opry stage, even if the room were completely empty.  Just the idea of the lights, history, and majesty would be fulfilling enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment