SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Osborne, Ashley: Bucket List


            A lot of people go through life and when they get old, abandon their childhood dreams, or just dismiss them as unrealistic. They never live life to the fullest or take advantage of the little time they have left. I realize that there are so many people in the world who live and die every day; so many unnoticed people. Even if I don’t make a significant contribution to society, there are still some things I would like to accomplish before I pass on to something even greater. I mean, carpe diem, right?
            Skydiving, taking surfing lessons in Hawaii, traveling to exotic places, becoming the female Jimi Hendrix at guitar, and making my mark on this crazy place we call earth are a few of the things I would really like to do before I croak. Going skydiving is sort of a cliché item on a bucket list, but nevertheless, it seems like it would be a fun thing to do. Who wouldn’t want to jump out of a plane and hurtle towards the ground at an extreme speed? One day, when I finally get to go to Hawaii, I am definitely taking surfing lessons and it better be as fun as all those families in the movies make it out to be! I also would love to travel the world. I’ve always wanted to go to Italy because I enjoy the food and believe the culture is quite fascinating. Then, I want to visit England where my ancestors are from and learn about my roots followed by a visit to Australia, to see the awesome animals and to hear their accents. Next on the list, is to be able to jam on the guitar like a rockstar, my lifelong dream.  Last, but certainly not least, is simply my wish of being remembered in some way besides a grave stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment