SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Adams, George: Bucket List


There are many things that we could do before we die.  I have a list of things to do before I die much like a lot of other people.  Although my list has more than five items I have chosen five to talk about and explain why I would like to experience them.

I would love to play in all four of the golfing majors.  These are the biggest golf tournaments each year with the biggest crowds and best atmospheres.  The roars and cheers would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Seeing the Western Mountain Gorilla in the wild would also be an amazing experience.  There are only 790 of them left in the wild and to see them in their natural habitat would be a very moving experience.

Driving on the German autobahns would be a very exhilarating experience.  If I could choose my vehicle I would want to take a Ferrari where I could really experience the speed I was travelling at.  This type of car would also give you the ability to go a little quicker than most cars on a road which has no speed limits.

Visiting and staying in the Ice Hotel in Sweden is also on my list.  Along with the novelty of everything being made out of ice there would also be an opportunity to see the Aurora Borealis which would be amazing to see.  Although it would be a cold experience the architecture of the building and attention to detail would be extraordinary to see.

My last item but most important to me is to find someone who loves me as much as I love them and to live a very happy life and hopefully start our own family.  To be happy in life is the most important thing and to feel loved and show love for your family is what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment