SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Jett, Rachel: Bucket List


            From the moment you are born, yous begin to die. Pleasant way of looking at life, is it not? To cope with the idea of a short lifetime, people come up with bucket lists, events they wish to experience before kicking the bucket. These are the exciting sorts of things I want to do before I die.
            I have always been slightly obsessed with Drake Bell. He is an amazing actor. I grew up with the shows he costarred in, The Amanda Show and Drake and Josh, and early on I fell in love. He also sings (I own his albums). His style is rather unique too. So, before I die, I want to meet him.
            I also want to see the Backstreet Boys in concert. Never have I been ashamed of listening to the Backstreet Boys. I grew up listening to them. I own every one of their albums. I even own some of their songs that were never released on an album. So I vow one day to see and hear them in concert.
            After college, I am hoping to become an author. So, an obvious item is to publish a book. It would be an amazing experience and hopefully it will become reality.
            I am obsessed with chocolate. I know I am such a girl. For that reason, I will someday try the best chocolate in the world--chocolate made in Switzerland.
            Ever since I was a kid, I have been into a videogame series known as The Legend of Zelda. To me they are amazing games, so as the final item on my bucket list, I want to see a really good movie made out of one of them (the one indie movie they made out of Ocarina of Time does not count at all). Any of the games would make a spectacular movie. I do not care if I have to help them make the movie, or even direct it, it will be created before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment