SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chavez, Jasmin: Bucket List


The reality of life is that we have a short amount of time in this world and we must take advantage by living life to its fullness. My first step to this is to attend law school at the University of Texas at Austin because I love helping people during difficult times and needs as well as putting the time and effort into solving difficult situations.  The other reason is, I am a die heart fan of the Longhorns and I am completely in love with the city of Austin.
My second goal is visiting the continent of Europe, because Europe as a whole has an abundant influence on the Western Hemisphere and also because of the rich culture within these countries, for example the love stories of England, the Roman Catholic Church of Italy, the romantic scenery of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the effect of World War II in Germany, and my background tracing back to Spain. My third goal is learning how to dance Tango, Salsa, and Ballroom simply because dancing is an enjoyable hobby to have as well as a useful social skill.
The next one is something I have always dreamt of, which is to form a happy family with the person I love because this is the kind of life I want, surrounded by love and care. My last but not least important is to have a positive impact on the people around me because I want my life to be spent on helping people and not on being selfish or materialistic. I hope in the future I can accomplish all of my goals and never wonder “what if?” when I could have actually done what I wanted to do, because as the saying goes “you only live once."

No comments:

Post a Comment