SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Carpenter, Kayla: Bucket List


            I have always viewed creating a bucket list as an unnecessary project for me since I prefer to live spontaneously and not have my entire life planned out. However, as I began to ponder on what my bucket list would be, I realized there are a few experiences I would like to have before my time is up. One of the main objectives I have is to earn my Ph.D in Physical Therapy. Just as Christ did, I want to live my life to serve others. I've always loved the medical field yet I'm not the type of person that is capable of injecting a needle into someone so physical therapy caught my attention more than any other occupation. Second on my list is to get married and have a family. I want to marry a man who loves God more than myself and inspires me to be a better person. Third, I want to personally see the Northern Lights. My family lived in Alaska while I was still a toddler, and my parents recall watching the Northern Lights at night and the marvelous beauty stretched across the sky. I was too young then to remember how they looked so going sometime in the future would be incredible. Fourth, I want to visit Italy. I'm partly Italian and love Italian food, especially pasta. I would want to visit to witness the many attractions and historical sights but mostly for the authentic food. Lastly but definitely not the least, I desire to complete God's calling in my life. Although I'm unsure as to what that calling is, I hope to learn sometime in the future. Even if my calling is only to be a good wife and friend and live a life that pleases Him, I want nothing more than just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment