SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pogue, Joel: Bucket List


            One of the most impactful achievements in which I strive to achieve is graduating with a bachelor’s degree in either mechanical or civil engineering. I am also working towards the possibility of minoring in general business or even attending two additional years of school and getting an MBA. Combined, these desires would create the potential for me to receive the money flow I need in order to make some of my other dreams realities.
            After graduating from college, I would like to work my way up the ladder of professional road racing. I intend to live nearby a good club to train with outside of work. Even though such a commitment is a huge additional workload, such rigor creates for extremely structured and disciplined lifestyle.
            After reaching a certain point of success in the running world, I wish to start an independent running club for people of all ages. It would be separate from any school and anybody could train and compete, regardless of age. I have always wanted to coach, but not as a primary occupation or source of income. I would simply reap the benefit of enhancing people both as athletes and persons.
            Once I have found a place to call home, I intend to get heavily involved in church and become part of a pastoral staff. I have always felt called to serve God and, in my opinion, such sacrifice is the most beneficial and meaningful and individual can make.
            Lastly, somewhere in the mix I plan to find a wife who shares the same beliefs I do. It would be nice if she were an athlete, but beyond that somebody is out there for me and I am not going to limit what kind of person it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment