SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ibinola, Daniel: Bucket List


Expectation is the mother of fulfillment when determination is present. In response, the things that I plan to do on my bucket list are more like goals that I am determined to fulfill. Therefore, the first five things that I plan to do before I die are making a significant impact in the field of medicine as a cardiologist, owning a medical hospital, learning to play the guitar, visiting six of the wonders of the world, and having a family of my own.                                                                                                
          The human heart is an organ in the thoracic part of the body necessary for life. Because of how vast the study of the heart is, I am driven by awe to research it further.                                                                                                                                                                    
          Growth is an essential part of life. Owning my own hospital demonstrates growth and progress in making an impact.                                                                                                                                               
          The word, “wonder” instinctively makes the human race curious about the subject it is used on. It is my heart’s desire that I am able to see six of the wonders of the world which include Mount Everest, Victoria Falls, Grand Canyon, Pyramids of Egypt, Great Wall of China, and the leaning Tower of Pisa.                                                                                                                                                         
          Stringed instruments have always inspired me by the sound and melody they make. Learning how to play the guitar like a professional is one thing I would want to do before I die.                                 
          A popular Nigerian saying in direct translation says, “Home is where family is and family is a where home is.” I don’t want to leave this place called earth without having an heir to carry the good name and reputation I have worked all my life to achieve.                                                                                                      
 I would gladly wait for the arms of death to take me from earth when all of these expectations of mine have been met.

No comments:

Post a Comment