SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dao, Hai: Bucket List


Human covetousness is unlimited. Humans do not have enough time to possess all the things they would like. I myself have thousand things I want to own, but there are five things in my bucket list I want the most.
First, I want to complete a marathon. Replicating the original one from Marathon to Athens is one way I can challenge my health and my endurance. If I can complete it without outside help then I will believe that I am healthy and fit enough to get everything else I want.
Second, scuba diving is a sport I have never done before. It is good for one’s health, but has a dangerous part that can satisfy my curiosity. Maybe in the future I will dive every month.
Third, I dream of having meeting with Warren Buffet, the billionaire, the philanthropist, and my idol. In my dream, I asked him saying “Buy American. I am” and discovered much about his charity. In the near future, I will make it come true.
Next, finding something new in the universe has stuck in my mind since childhood. Discovering new star, some bizarre aliens, or a new energy source that humans can use are what I fancy when I think about my most favorite topic: the universe.
Dying with a smile in my face is how I’d like when my life comes to an end. How we act in the last moment of our lives reflects what we feel about all the things we have done before. A blissful smile will prove that I had a wonderful life.
Bucket lists tell what we want to do during our whole lives. There are a lot of things we wan, dream of, and strive for. Five things are not enough for me but they are the five things that first come to my mind. I hope that I can do all the five things above in my real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment