SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fondren, Michael: Bucket List

    When I was born, I never would have thought what would become of my future. I still hold that thought even now. Making plans are important, something we always wanted to do. Here are five things on my bucket list.

    I believe that growing into a fine adult is a very rewarding experience in life. As an adult I should be able to take care of myself in certain situations. If a problem arises in my life, I want to understand the situation, look for possible solutions to the problem, and act on them accordingly. As an adult, I can go through experiences that should better prepare me for life’s challenges.

    A desire to travel is common among bucket lists, it is on mine. A vacation with family is fun, but I wish to see things outside the United States! I want to break my daily routines to do something different, even if it’s for work. Traveling outside of the country is an experience I wish to experience firsthand.

  Many people like to read, the Bible is quite a read too. I’ve read through my Bible many times, but never had a good study through the whole book. Understanding the Bible more could only help me grow as a Christian.

    Of course what would an adult do by himself, without others to live life with? Family means more to me than just blood type. Marriage, children, friends; they are all important to me. I wish to grow old and look back at what I’ve done with others. I want to think of all the memories and moments we lived together, good or bad. I believe a great family will lead me to a happy life.

That’s it for my bucket list. Will I have it all done in time? You never know! So long as I live life, I think I’ll be okay with anything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment