SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Terry, Colin: Bucket List


Life is much more fun when you have things to look forward to. Doing something as simple as creating a bucket list allows an individual to express his or her adventurous side and attempt to live life to the fullest.
My bucket list contains only the five greatest adventures I want to complete. First off, I would love to at least set foot on every continent. Completing this would allow me to get to know what all of the earth’s landscape looks like. How cool would it be to get to experience the scenery I have seen on television for years for myself? Second, I would enjoy skydiving. I could only imagine the thrill as I came crashing down through the sky, my life solely relying on a simple piece of fabric. If I ever were to skydive I would want one of the helmet cameras so that I could enjoy the thrill over and over again on demand. Third, I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights in person. Ever since I first heard about them I have been longing to go visit Alaska. All of the different colors are so intriguing. Fourth, I want to live in Australia for at least a year. I find the Australian culture extremely interesting, and I believe it would be amazing to immerse myself in the culture. Last, I would love to experience weightlessness, such as in a NASA training facility. Not being held down by gravity would be such a different feel and would allow me to obtain a new meaning of freedom.
Overall, my bucket list contains most of the average items as any other. Regardless, completing this list and making it longer, will always be a goal that I hope to accomplish in life. I am always looking for an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment