SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

McLelland, Kedar: Bucket List


A bucket list, a list that brings your last moments of existence down to words on a page, or raises them up in immortalized glory. That being said, let’s get this started.
Number one: publish a book of poetry. Why? It would be a huge milestone. Not because it’s a book, but because it will mark my place in literary history. As a human being it will mark me, no longer a speck in the stream of life, but a steel block instead. Personally, I want others to feel the words I write. I want to be listed among the greats such as Poe, Cummings, or Plath.
Number two: make a positive change in someone else’s life. I don’t want it to make myself look good like the “good guy,” but because I want to. There is nothing better in this world than happiness, whether from a good joke or a long lasting friendship, it changes your life in some way.
Number three: run for political office. This would be purely for my amusement. I don’t think anybody can run this country perfectly; there are too many different factions. I would love to tear all that apart and start over.
Number four: achieve my PhD. It would validate my education and cement my role in society. Not only that but it would be a finalization of everything that I’ve worked for. Besides, I think Dr. Kedar J. McLelland has a nice ring to it.
Number five: write a five movement musical piece. Music is my passion, it’s been a part of my life ever since I was young and it will always be that way. The reason for five movements? Because some of the greatest musical pieces have multiple movements that tell a story, and telling stories is a cultural thing.
And in a nutshell, that would be my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment