SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Zigler,Jessica: Bucket List


            When a person has as many hopes and dreams as I do, the task of narrowing that list down to five things can be extremely difficult.  Although I am going to do that exactly, the list will not include everything I desire to partake in before my final day.  I have never been the type of person to want to experience things such as skydiving or bungee jumping.  In fact, I find them rather cliché to include in a bucket list.  While I can understand why some people would want to engage in such terrifying and dangerous acts, there will be nothing like that in my list.  

            All of my life, I have thought that a person’s career choice is one of the most important decisions in a person’s life.  I have always considered my vocational options very seriously.  Although I have changed my mind many times, I am confident in my decision at the moment.  I am currently a nursing major and am working on my B.S.N.  Not only would I like to become a nurse, but I would also like to acquire my master’s degree and become a nurse anesthetist.  Ideally, I would like to get my master’s degree at Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona.

            The next thing on my list is a little less serious and a little easier to accomplish.  I would like to sleep on a rooftop before I die.  It could be any rooftop, but I would prefer for the night to be cool.  I love being outside, especially at night, so this has always been something I have wanted to do.

            The third thing that I would like to accomplish is more of a goal.  I would love to keep my grade point average above a 3.75 in college.  I know that most students try their best in college, but I am really dedicating myself to do so.  Graduating with a 4.0 would be ideal, but I am not in nursing school yet, so I have no idea what to expect. 

            Christmas is a very important day for my family.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in my country that do not get to experience the wonderful things I get to enjoy on Christmas.  I would love to spend a Christmas helping others.  It could even be part of the day, but I want to volunteer somewhere and help people that I do not know on Christmas.

            At one point in my life, I would like to plant a tree.  After that, I will wait many years for the tree to grow.  Once the tree has a reasonable girth, I would like to carve my name in the tree.  This item will depend heavily on how long I will be in one spot and where my life takes me.  However, I plan to go back to the place that I planted the tree and carve my name in it, regardless of where I live at the time.

Although there are many things I would like to experience before I die, the things that I have mentioned are the actions that I think about most often.  There have been many things that I have already crossed off, and there are many more that I would like to experience.  Life has been great so far, and with dreams like mine I do not anticipate it to be anything less than exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment