SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chapman, Jordan: Bucket List


When asked what I would like to do before I die, my response is always the same. I will say, “I have no idea.” This is the generic answer that most will give when asked for their “Bucket List.” But, if you ask again about ten seconds later they will have already thought of about five things to share. A bucket list isn’t necessarily just something fun to do before you die, it could also include any type of life goal or accomplishment. 

            When it comes to food I could almost call myself a connoisseur of sorts. Before I die I would like to visit Japan and stroll down the many food districts there and take in the culture as well as feast on one of my favorite cuisines. 

            A personal goal of mine is to run 100 miles in one continuous stretch. Running that far would take a great deal of dedication and training. Only a handful of people have ever done it. 

            Chess is a game of wits, and what better person to beat than your college professor. I have set this goal because it would be a great honor to actually do this. The professor I have in mind is also my Honors College Director. 

            Wimbledon is one of the most prestigious tennis tournaments in the world. To watch this tournament in person would be fulfilling lifelong dream. Tennis is my favorite past time and to watch this tournament from the stands would be one of my greatest accomplishments. 

                         I love to listen to and play music. I like to look around and see the enjoyment of people when I perform for them, whether the music be beautiful or not. I’d like to compose my own song and record it. Two of the final questions that I believe you should answer at the end of your life are “Have you found joy in your life?” and “Has your life brought joy to others?”.

No comments:

Post a Comment