SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Plunk, James: Bucket List

Some say that life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the number of moments that take your breath away. For some people these moments may be the birth of a child or a wedding but for me they are a compilation of music, history, and travel.

I am a huge history buff and I have always dreamt of going to Egypt to see the pyramids and other colossal structures. The level of precision with which these objects were built with is absolutely incredible.

Another ancient civilization site I would like to visit is the Mayan ruins in Mexico. The similarities in structure, technology, and detail between the Mayan and Egyptian civilizations has always intrigued me.

Movies are a large part of American history. I am a avid movie watcher. There a so many legends in the movie industry but Johnny Depp has had the biggest influence on me, plus I love his movies. His talent, suave attitude, and rather unique outlook on life is matched by no one else in Hollywood. I believe meeting Johnny Depp would be a crazy experience which is why it’s on my bucket list.

Music is a very important part of my life and playing the drums is a passion of mine I’ve had for over ten years. Every musician dreams of playing in front of thousands of fans but my dreams are more detailed. The legendary Madison Square Garden has held concerts for bands such as Led Zeppelin and playing there is the pinnacle of success for any musician.

Throughout my life I’ve listened to countless hours of music. Thousands of artists around the world have record deals and get paid to make a CD with their own ideas, beliefs, and musicianship on it. Recording an album is something I’m going to do in my life and hopefully do it very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment