SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tan, Su-Ann: Bucket List


Life is short; we have only a limited time to fulfill our wishes and ambitions. One of my goals before I “kick the bucket” would be to see what I would look like without the other layer of my skin. I know every part of my body like, well, the back of my hand, but to see how the inside of my skin looks like would take “knowing myself” to a whole new level. In present day the most accurate image of the inside of the human body is either by what we see on x-rays or through a camera we uncomfortably insert through our bodies. I would love to see my cells, bones, and organs operate in real-life time. 

Another thing I love seeing in action is the crowd at a Hillsongs’ Christian concert. My life-long dream is to be able to be part of the Hillsongs’ music team as a keyboardist. Partly because I love playing the keyboard and it is one of my better talents. But mostly because I will be serving God, and what better way to do so than with what I am best at and love to do?

The last thing on my bucket list would be to see my parents retire – with my money. They have been struggling day in and day out to be able to afford to give me a comfortable life and a place at Southern Arkansas University. To this day, they are still working to put me through college. Before I die, I would be more than happy to give my parents the satisfaction of knowing their investment in me has not gone to waste.

I have a much longer bucket list in mind, but these are the only three that I feel a strong passion to see happen. Removing my epidermis may not seem realistic at present day, but back during the 17th century people thought the earth was flat. Before my bucket is kicked, I would most definitely want to accomplish these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment