SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Owens, Landon: Bucket List


Life is so short that within one blink we can wake up and realize that we are near the end of it.  There is so much that we can do and so little time to accomplish it.  These are the five main things I hope to experience before I “kick the bucket.”
             
One experience I would like to have before I die is flying one of the Blue Angels airplanes.  I believe that this would be one of the most exhilarating things to do for anyone.  I would love to take the plane through a series of barrel rolls and dramatic falls through the air before landing and throwing up all over the place.
             
Another experience that I wish to have before kicking the bucket is participating in a rally car race.  It would be an extreme adrenaline rush to reach speeds of 100 miles an hour or more on small winding roads.
            
 Then, I would love to jump off of a huge skyscraper in the middle of a city and parachute to the ground.  I am not terrified of heights, however, I can become shaky when I look over high edges.  I would love the feeling of just running and jumping to see the whole city before me as I fall through the sky before opening my parachute.
            
 The next experience I would like to have before dying is to visit outer space.  I can only imagine being so far away that the earth that I think of being so vast is only a speck drifting through the blackness of space.  It would be amazing to have that experience to change my perspective.
             
If I could change someone’s life that would be the ultimate experience for my bucket list.  Since I’m not sure how I could accomplish this while I was alive, I hope that my organs could be donated, after I die, to someone that needed them to live.  This would be the best experience even if I weren’t here to see it.  I believe that fulfilling this bucket list would allow me to live my life to the fullest, and I hope to someday complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment