SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hamilton, Josh: Bucket List


A bucket list is commonly and sardonically known as a list of things that people want to do before they die but never accomplish. I do not believe it always has to be that way. Although circumstances may keep us from doing the things we would like to do, it is mostly our own lack of motivation that keeps us from completing these things.

            Starting chronologically, the first thing I would like to do is visit New York to watch the U.S. Open before Roger Federer retires. Roger Federer has been my tennis idol of sorts. His grace, majesty, modesty, skill, and dominance of an entire era speak to me on more levels than can be accounted for.

            Secondly I would like to train for, compete in, and complete a triathlon. Finishing a triathlon is a sign of extreme dedication. It is like a advanced college degree of its own kind, one that many people will never acquire in their lives.

            At some point in my life I would like to meet J.K. Rowling and have a conversation with her. I do not want to get her autograph in some bookstore where hundreds of others fans are also waiting to see her. This item has two parts. First I would like to be important enough for her to want to have a conversation with me. Second I would be speaking to my favorite author of modern day literature.

            My penultimate bucket item is to master an uncommon second language like German. I do not wish to learn a painfully useless language. I would rather learn a language that is not commonly known in America but that can still serve some purpose in my life.

            Lastly, and most importantly, I would like to score above 180 on a legitimate I.Q. test. I currently have a well above average I.Q. but there is much room for improvement, and I believe my score will not be good enough until it soars above the competition and hits the almighty threshold of 180.

No comments:

Post a Comment