SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Duke, Taylor: Bucket List


Everyone strives to meet goals and achieve great things throughout their lifetime before they reach the end of the line.  People wish to visit exotic places and perform wild stunts just to evoke an adrenaline rush and to boast about their bravery or earn a fortune in order to afford their material desires.  But, my bucket list presents a different assortment of things to do before I pass.  I wish to make a positive difference in the lives of others and ultimately make myself happy.

               I would first like to graduate a successful Honor’s College student maintaining a 4.0 grade point average.  Then, I would use my degree to become a respected child psychologist within two years of graduating from SAU’s graduate school program.  Thirdly, I want to obtain an agricultural degree of some sort alongside my psychology degree that would assist me in my fourth bucket list item, to have my own horse therapeutic ranch where I can use my psychological and agricultural education to assist children with physical and mental handicaps, harness their strength and potential in the world, and allow them to discover that their handicaps do not have to be seen as setbacks, instead they are unique qualities that make them extraordinary individuals.  Last, I would love to be married and have a family started by time I am 27 years old.  I have always been family oriented and want my children to experience the faultless love of a mother like that my mother gave me.  

               Many people may argue that I cannot change the world or make a positive impact in the lives of everyone I meet.  I understand this, but it is my goal to do what I can before I “kick the bucket” to give those around me and myself a fulfilled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment