SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Townsend, Taylor: Bucket List


I choose to live my life vigorously, to always strive for more than the average human person “thinks” is enough. There will always be new opportunities that will open up my mind to thinking in a way that I have not yet experienced. When I leave this world, there are a few things in which I hope I can accomplish. 

·      Be a father: Growing up I found myself missing this part of a family. To be able to give life to someone and call them my own is something I have only begun to dream about and someday know will happen.
·      Car collector: Ever since I was a child I have been enthused by cars. Recently, I have become what some might call “obsessed,” but to me it’s a passion that continues to grow daily. I have learned that this hobby may also become another source of investment that, one day, I hope to profit from.
·      Be on the Senate floor at the Capitol: After being a page at the Texas capitol this past year, I want more. I want the opportunity to do something that not very many other people have been able to do, something that will stand out. I will be in a prestigious class that few have the opportunity of joining.
·      Save someone’s life: Having the chance to step up and be a hero would give me a tremendous feeling of personal accomplishment. To know that without me, someone would not be alive would be fulfilling.
·      Be a mentor: When I see others struggle, I want to be the one that they come to for help making decisions that will alter their life in some way.  

These are just a few of the things that wish to be able to mark off my bucket list before I “kick the bucket.”

No comments:

Post a Comment