SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Guy, Lacey: Bucket List


Almost everyone has a bucket list. Whether it’s in your head or actually written down, it is most likely there. A bucket list is a list of accomplishments you want to achieve before you kick the bucket, hence the name. These lists give everyone something to live up to, or something to strive towards to keep life interesting. I actually happen to have my own bucket list.

            4. Visit New York City: Ever since I was little, I have always been thrilled by big cities. Huge skyscrapers and bright lights fascinate me. My life’s dream used to be to live in New York City. As I grew older and learned about how cold it is in the winter, I changed my goal to visit instead of living there, because I would rather not freeze to death. This item on my list is very important to me because I feel like not only will I be seeing a very important part of the world, but I will be achieving a lifelong goal.

            3. Learn how to play an instrument: I have always felt a connection to music, but every time I try to check this item off my list, I wind up failing miserably. Although I consider myself a musically inclined person, for some reason every time I try to learn how to play an instrument, it feels as if I am defeated by the instrument. But the fact that I fail, only makes me want to keep trying even harder. 

            2.  Donate blood 50 times: Donating blood is my absolute favorite way to give back to the community. I love how it feels knowing that I’ve just helped someone, or possibly saved a life. The first time I donated blood, I found out that I have O positive blood type, which means I can donate to every type of blood group. After learning this, I made a commitment to donate blood as much as possible in hopes that I could give help to those that need it.

            1. Have a successful career: Through my eyes, a successful career is waking up every morning and being excited to go to work. I also believe money plays an important part in being successful, which is why I have set my career goals towards something that will make me completely happy but also make above average wage. This item will be checked off as soon as I get the job, because I believe only one day of feeling that success will be enough for me. 

I believe all the items on my list are accomplishable and I plan on checking every single one off before I die. It may take a while, but what’s the point in life when you have nothing to work towards?

No comments:

Post a Comment