SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Franklin, Trey: Bucket List


            People have lists called “bucket lists” because they consist of things people want to do before they “kick the bucket.” I also have one such list, and it consists of visits to the mysterious unknown, as well as unadventurous and commonplace occurrences.
             
First, I would like to travel the world and visit the “New” Seven Wonders of the World. These are Chicken Itza in Mexico, the Statue of Christ Redeemer in Brazil, the Great Wall of China, Machu Picchu in Peru, the ancient city of Petra in Jordan, the Roman Coliseum, and the Taj Mahal in India. I believe this would be the adventure of a lifetime.

Secondly, as an old man, I would like to sit on a porch in front of my house and watch the day go by. It would be a comforting notion to know that I had lived a fulfilling and well-lived life with the time to watch the world go by.

Next, I would love to learn how to speak, read, and write Latin. I have always had a fascination with the language of the ancient Romans and have even tried to teach myself a little Latin, but to little avail.

Also, I would like to have read a total of one thousand books. I do not know why, but I believe that to be a feat and a fun challenge to partake in.

Finally, I would like to write a book myself. I have always been an avid reader and have also attempted many a time to write my own book. Because my education has always superseded other aspects of my life, I have never had the time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment