SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pinson, Hali: Bucket List


               I have never met a person who doesn’t have at least one thing they wish to accomplish before they die. Mostly these things are realistic, easily obtained with the right amount of determination and skill. My dreams, however, require one thing more; sheer dumb luck. In order to; perform in a famous opera, perform in a sold out Broadway production, and release a platinum reaching album, I am going to need not only incredible skill, a persistence that rivals everyone you know, and the luck to be in the right place at the right time. 

               Since I was a little girl, I have always wanted to perform. I love to sing, dance, act; anything that allows me to get up in front of an audience. Proving to myself and to everyone in the industry that I can in fact perform just as well if not better than the typical opera singer, would be the ultimate confidence booster. For the same reasons, I would like to perform on Broadway. Broadway has fascinated me for as long as I can remember. To me, leading a musical on Broadway is the final stamp of approval from not only the public, but the people who are the heart and soul of the industry as well. My third goal is very similar to the first two; I wish to release an album and have that album reach platinum. The genre really doesn’t matter as long as I am able to inspire the next generation to reach their full potential.

               Every goal in my life revolves around inspiring the next generation through my personal talents. I want to help other people realize their full potential and strive to achieve whatever goal is put before them. Maybe I will only reach one of my goals but in doing so I will touch more lives than just my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment