SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bowling, Emily: Bucket List


Like most people there are many things I wish to experience before I die. I have made this bucket list because when I get to heaven I want to be able to say I lived my life to the fullest.

               The first thing I want to do before I kick the bucket is a take a tour of Europe. I want to see all the countries and learn about all their cultures. I want to shop in Paris, the fashion capital of the world. I want to stand in the coliseum in Rome, and hear Big Ben chime in London. I also wish to eat a large bowl of spaghetti in Italy and take a stroll through the art museums. 

               The next thing on my list is to travel to Hawaii. I want to climb an old volcano, and swim in the Pacific Ocean. I want to attend a native luau and learn the hula dance. I also want to see the whales migrate. I believe Hawaii would be a beautiful place to visit. 

               The third thing on my list is to attend a New England Patriots football game. The Patriots have been my favorite football team for many years now. It would be amazing to go to Boston and watch them from the first row of Gillette Stadium. 

               The fourth thing I have always wanted to do is move to Sydney, Australia and open an animal refuge zoo. I love animals and it breaks my heart to see them hurting. I have always wanted to hold a koala bear, feed a giraffe, play with a monkey, and pet a tiger. 

               The last thing on my bucket list is to marry the man of my dreams. A man who will love me for who I am and I hope he has the same beliefs and morals. I want to get married at Disneyland and have a fairytale wedding. I want to raise three children and be able to provide for them. I hope to complete these few things and many other adventures before my life ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment