SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Curbelo, Isabella: Bucket List

Some people believe in fate or destiny, but I believe in making a point to do the things that create a life of happiness and contentment. At the end of my life, I want to be able to satisfyingly check those items off my “To Do” list, knowing that my life was full of purpose.

    My proximate short-term goal is to create my own family and household.  After growing up with several siblings in a loving family, I'd want nothing more than to create that atmosphere for my own family.  The completion of my medical education will probably take quite a bit longer, but it is mandatory that I reach my full potential, acquiring all the knowledge I possibly can. Joining the Peace Corps is a life long dream as well.  I can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't want to utilize the knowledge and skills God gave them to help those who can't help themselves; The Peace Corps seems like it would be a completely rewarding experience. In addition to performing overseas volunteer work, I want to make a significant difference in every community I live in.

Whether it be simple volunteer work or implementing programs to educate children, I just want to change lives by showing others God's love. There's nothing more powerful than that. Lastly, I want to educate myself by learning about as many cultures as possible in order to appreciate as many people as I can. My own Cuban-American heritage has many unique and special aspects about it, so I know that other cultures are just as extraordinary.

    There are many events and circumstances that take place in this life, but I believe that making the effort to partake in the ones that are most meaningful to a person is what brings the sense of fulfillment and accomplishment every individual soul craves.

No comments:

Post a Comment