SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cobb, Lacey: Bucket List


Over the years, I’ve heard a lot of people talk about their bucket list. I’ve been to a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field and to the Mall of America in Minnesota, but I haven’t really put my “to-do list” into perspective yet. So, before I kick the bucket, there are five things I can think of that I would like to accomplish.
                   
Number five on my list is learning American Sign Language (ASL). I know several people who use ASL to communicate, and I think it is amazing how hand gestures can say so much. 

Next, I would like to make a hole in one. Even though I’m not that great, I love to play golf. If I ever achieved this, I would be tempted not to pick up another club because I know I could never top making a hole in one. 

Learning to do a back hand spring is third on my list. I am intrigued by all of the movements gymnasts can perform and how graceful they are. I would be ecstatic if I could learn to do this move. 

Ever since I watched Soul Surfer, I have wanted to go surfing. I enjoy being in the water a lot, which is why it is number two. 

Finally, my greatest desire to accomplish before I die is to go on a mission trip to another country. I want to help people who have no idea what it’s like to have clean water to drink and a good meal to eat. But most of all, I want to help spread the Word of God to those who have no knowledge of Him.
                   
Although some of my things may seem farfetched, it’s always good to have dreams. Mark Hansen said, “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be.” This list is just a beginning to the things I want to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment