SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lu, Siye: Bucket List


During my rest of my life I want to realize the following personal wishes, whether they are realizable or not, I will try my best to make them come true.

First of all, I want to be an actuary after my graduation, which means I have to study hard during my college years and pass many tests to reach my goal. To be honest, the reason why I want to be an actuary is because of the considerable income actuaries earn, even during bad economy periods. I want to face this big challenge because I know if I do, then my life will be good, and my family will benefit. 

After getting a satisfying job, I would like to buy a Cadillac to give to my father as a gift, something I promised him when I was a little child. 

My third wish is to visit Japan and Sweden. Japan is a high-tech country and Sweden creates such wonderful scenes in my mind that I want to travel there to enjoy the views. 

After that, I want to have my own family; I want to have two children, a boy and a girl. That would be the most perfect thing in my life. I would love to be a good wife and good mother and am eager to do that. 

One of my bucket list wishes has already been realized, to study abroad. That is why now I am at SAU. Being here has already taught me a lot, to be more independent and thoughtful when I face difficulties, for example. Also, studying in America makes me practice my English a lot, and my parents love that.

To sum up, although I turned 20 this year, I have already reached one of my wishes in life. There is no doubt that I will try harder to make the rest of my wishes come true in the future! Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment