SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sams, Sawyer: Bucket List


Everyone wants to be able to look back on their life and say they did everything they wanted to in their lifetime.  I want to be able to say I lived an exciting life with no regrets.
            
 One thing I have always wanted to do is go skydiving.  I believe it would truly be a feeling like no other to freefall thousands of feet in the air and then land softly on the ground.
             
While I am interested in the idea of jumping out of an airplane, the idea of being able to operate one is also very exciting to me.  That is why I would love to get my pilot’s license at sometime in my life so I can fly around and see the world from a bird’s eye view.
           
Another extreme type of activity I want to do is go rock climbing.  As a kid I loved climbing on boulders and other rock formations.  It was always cool to climb to the top and look down at everything below me.
           
I would also like to visit many places around the world and see different cultures.  I would love to make a tour of Europe and visit some of the major cities such as London, Paris, and Rome.  Those are very cool places, and it would be interesting to see how life is in each city.
            
 In my spare time, I would like to learn how to play either the guitar or piano.  I would love to learn both, but only learning one is still a great accomplishment to me.  I love music so it would be an awesome feeling to create my own.
           
I hope that I can do all of these things and many more in my lifetime.  That way I can say my life was everything I wanted it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment