SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Francis, Engelica: Bucket List


There are many things I want to do in my lifetime before I “kick the bucket,” as the saying goes. However, I probably will not have enough time in my entire lifespan to do all the things I want to do before my time is up, so I must limit my bucket list to the top five things.
*      Number 5: Travel the world.
I have always loved to travel. I enjoy exploring other countries and touring the parts of the world that are different from the United States.
*      Number 4: Go back to Germany.
I’ve been to Germany roughly 7 times my entire life because my maternal grandmother is originally from Germany. I love the country’s scenery, history, and culture. Germans are cleaner and more eco-friendly than Americans, which gives them brownie points from me.
*      Number 3: Get married and have a family.
I have always wanted to be married because I do not want to live the rest of my days alone. A few years after I marry the man I love, I want to have children. I have always loved children and want a couple of my own. I might adopt as well, but I want some that are my own.
*      Number 2: Graduate college with Honors.
I want to graduate college in four years so I will not have to use my own money. But, I also want to graduate with Honors because future employers will see my dedication and hard work which will increase my chances of being hired.
*      Number 1: Become stronger in my faith.
I was not raised going to church or in a very religious environment. I was saved this past March when I joined my boyfriend’s church, and am struggling with being as dedicated to my new life style as he is.
            I hope to accomplish most of the things I want to do before I die. If not, I will be completely satisfied with accomplishing the top five of my “bucket list.”

No comments:

Post a Comment