SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Khadka, Shubashree: Bucket List

Human desires are limitless and often infeasible. I might not get done with all of my wishes but I have made up my mind to perform at least a dozen of them before I die. I might make a few come true or a couple of dozens; this, however, only time shall tell. 

I have always had this strong desire to learn a dance form. I never got an opportunity to do it before because my family believes that it would be culturally inappropriate. Thus, I want to learn Salsa dancing in the near future. I have always liked trying out new kinds of food. And that’s why; the second thing on my list is to try eating live octopus dipped in sesame oil. I only hope the suckers don’t stick to my throat!

Coming here was my first trip abroad and I hated flying for 15 hours. When I have enough time and money someday, I would like to travel back home in anything but an airplane. I would use waterways, railways and roadways instead. Apart from that, I would like to own a house in the hills back home someday. I have always dreamt of waking up and watching sunlight fall upon the majestic Himalayan Mountains. The other thing on my wish list is to visit the Louvre museum in Paris. I imagined how it would look like while reading ‘The Da Vinci Code’ by Dan Brown. And I want to see if the things I visualized about the museum match with how they actually are.

Death is an inevitable circumstance. I don’t know if I will die of a natural cause, in some accident or the end of the world next year but at that exact moment, I would want to look back and be happy with the things I would have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment