SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 19, 2011

White, Zowie: Bucket List


For most people, creating a bucket list is meant to ensure living a full life. Before this assignment, I believed that creating a bucket list was a waste of time. Now, I realize that creating a bucket list causes you to question where you are in life.
             
During this past summer, five of my friends marched to the Georgia State Capitol, to protest the new immigration law. Despite the threat of being arrested, the protesters stood for what they believed in. Their actions inspired me. I would like to push my beliefs to the limit and participate in an influential protest.
             
My dream trip is a backpacking adventure across Europe, spending the most time in Spain and France. I plan on making this trip during my collegiate years or immediately after. Not only would this item help me grow mentally, but it would also strengthen my language skills. This would be the perfect opportunity to meet new people and network abroad.
             
Sharing moments with people makes them special and memorable. All of my special memories are of activities done with family and friends. No one wants to go through life alone and full of sorrow. This brings me to the two most important items on my bucket list. Finding my true love and also discovering a lifelong friend. A friend is a great person to talk to and express my thoughts and feelings with. My true love must have these qualities and more. Having these two people in my life will help me to achieve happiness and obtain all of the other items featured on my bucket list.
             
The five items I mentioned we’re only a sample of all the things I hope to do before I die. There is so much more I can accomplish and many more things I can see, and though this is only the start for now this is where my list ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment