SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Goecke, Colby: Bucket List


                  Throughout the course of our lives, we often have many dreams and aspirations.  Some of these dreams are to perform a certain action; others are to someday achieve a certain honor or place, or to simply possess a tangible item.
                   
 I love flying and the thrill that goes along with defying gravity.  While being a business pilot will certainly be an exciting adventure and amazing career, I hope to someday go even beyond that. I would like to become a personal pilot for a business tycoon.  As a personal pilot, I will be able to better connect with my employers rather than knowing that they sitting in an office somewhere.
                  
 I have a fetish for high performance cars.  Any mention of horsepower or speed immediately grabs my undivided attention. Due to this fact, it is only natural that I would desire to someday own several “super cars”. Not just sports cars. I want the cars that turn heads and cause hearts to beat in excess of safe levels.
                  
 Travel has always been a keen interest of mine. Of all the travel hotspots in the world, I plan to visit New Zealand. The breathtaking landscape and beautiful climate are the aspects that dream vacations are made of.
                  
 The National Rifle Championships at Camp Perry, Ohio are known as the “World Series of Shooting Sports”.  A dead shot my entire life, I have always dreamed of someday taking part in the world famous competition just to see how I would do.
                   
Returning to my love for speed, I have always had a strong desire to drive on the Autobahn.  A competitively capable car on the speed limit free European highway would provide for a free-running thrill unlike most any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment