SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Edmundson, Nevin: Bucket List


When a life is placed on this Earth, an attraction to conquer the unachievable is placed within us. On a personal level, life is merely a mountain that can be climbed with the right knowledge and equipment. God places milestones that every person dreams to achieve. These milestones are what make up my bucket-list.
                   
Ever since I’ve been a young boy I’ve always wanted to travel all across the world. I suppose my urge is due to my father. He was in the Air Force, and nearly all I heard about while growing up were stories of his journeys through countless countries.
                   
Next on my agenda is to be cast within an A-list movie. I could care less if all I said were two lines, because I just want to be a part of a movie by any means necessary.
                   
As a playwright, I want to see any of my shows performed onstage. Any writer always wants to see others to have an interest in their work, so of course that would be on my bucket list.
                   
The main thing I ask in life is to one day be blessed with two beautiful children and to see them grab hold of their dreams and aspirations. If my kids ever failed, I would feel at fault for most, if not all, of it.
                   
Lastly, I want to stay in the same Alabama beach house where my parents married and wed my own wife there. During my childhood vacations I remember watching my parents dance there to nothing but the beat of the waves and the light of the moon. Seeing them so happy rendered me utterly speechless and knew instantly that that was where I wanted to wed the girl of my dreams.
                   
Some of the plans are common, so aren’t, but what I really want out of life is to just be me. Nothing in life should be planned, nor will it hardly ever go as planned, but we’re humans, we crave a sense of security, and I’m no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment