SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Emerson, Sarah: Bucket List


The life I envision for myself is nothing too out of the ordinary. I desire success in my
nursing career and my personal life.
             
Before I die I want to be an educated person. The Honor’s College at SAU will push
me to be at the top of my game. Once I obtain a bachelors degree in nursing I want to continue

my education and choose a nursing specialty.
             
I’ve always been driven to help others in distress. One thing in life is guaranteed, there

will always be sick people. Thus, I always have a job providing service them will continually

give my life meaning.
            
 Family has always been a very important aspect of my life. I don’t want many children
but I would love to have at least two with my future husband. My career options will allow
me to balance the professional and personal aspects of my life. Hopefully, they will not conflict.
             
My family faced many adversities, which made me an independent
person. I believe one day I will be able to support myself. That may not seem like a huge goal,
but I dislike having to depend on others. One of my dreams is to buy a large
plot of land and there in my own house.

After I retire, I want to travel the world with my husband. Although nursing doesn’t
have much to do with history, I’ve always had a particular interest in it. So, I want to experience
other cultures and visit many of the historic landmarks that I have learned about.
             
I may not change the world with my aspirations, but as long as I make a difference in
someone’s life, I will be content with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment