SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hao, Jiayin: Bucket List


We all have dreams and wishes. However, most people don’t have a long term goal during their life. It is a great idea to start a bucket list when we are young. It is hard to tell where it will take us. But I believe that this list will help make our future more colorful.


When I was young, I dreamed about being a Chinese teacher as my part time job. That goal has never changed. Although I have come to America to start my college life, I still love my hometown and everything about it. I have tried my best to keep close to the path to this dream. During this summer holiday, I went back to China and sat for the Mandarin exam held by the Chinese government. I am glad that I achieved a really good result. I did it by working hard. 

Next, I would like to live in a big house in the countryside with my whole family. When I stay with my family, I always feel warm and free from anxiety. I desire to enjoy a similar quiet and a comfortable life in the future. Animals, too, are special friends . During my life time I’d love to own many kinds of animals. 

What I want to do next is to travel all over the world. There are so many places where I haven’t been before. I want to go to the mountains and to the charming islands. My travels will make for unforgettable memories when I become old. 

The last life goal of me is to keep healthy so that I can experience all that I want and be able to take good care of my family.

These are the first five things came to my mind when I considered about the bucket list. I realized that is difficult to achieve everything you want. However, I like the process when I work hard for my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment